Wednesday, January 30, 2013

New Yarns

This winter I got to a few more yarns to add to my basket!

 
This gray skein came from my husband as a Christmas gift.  There are times when he travels across our state for work, and this skein came from a short stop during one of those times.  He happened across a small knitting shop and purchased me 390 sport weight yds. of the most lovely of natural, undyed gray yarn.  I dont' know what makes me smile more: dreaming of what to make with this yarn, or the thought of him browsing through skeins of wool in a yarn shop?!














This cream yarn (again, undyed) is from a friend-of-a-friend.  She used to raise sheep and had all their fleece processed into yarn.  Now she lives in our city and no longer has her sheep, and she is in the process of selling off her remaining yarn.  When my friend pointed to the clear garbage bag full of skeins in her corner I was giddy - I picked out three skeins, one to gift and two to keep.  I think I have approximately 500 yds. to work with.

 
Lastly, I picked out three skeins of Peace Fleece from my LYS with gift certificate from my uncle.  I have always been curious about this yarn company - ever since I saw some of their yarn knit up by a friend for a February Lady Sweater.  I have three skeins in Kamchatka Sea Moss, an amazing blue-green heather colorway.  I have already cast on for a wallaby for my youngest.

I think I have enough to keep me inspired for the rest of our winter!

No comments: